(Prof. Ana Hamad, Prof. Patrícia Aparecida Zuanetti, Prof. Carolina Funayama – Retired)
It comprises scientific research and technical productions in three thematic areas of pediatric neurology. 1. Epidemiology of neuropediatric diseases. 2. Diagnosis, follow-up, and treatment of rare diseases of neuropediatric interest. 3. Neurorehabilitation. Fourteen dissertations by professional master’s students have already been defended, which makes the program one of the main graduate programs focused on Pediatric Neurology in the country.
Research projects already completed:
● Validation of the summarized core set of the international classification of functionality, disability, and health for children and young people with cerebral palsy.
● Research Project Nature of the Project Situation Adaptation and implementation of the REAVER care protocol based on the particularities of stroke in children (REAVER – Registration of Stroke in Children in Ribeirão Preto).
● Association between hemimegalencephaly and tuberous sclerosis: literature review and case report.
● Incidence of neuropediatric diseases in an emergency service at the tertiary level of care – proposal of care and management protocols.
● Charcot Marie Tooth disease type 1A in children: Clinical features and development.
● Difficult-to-control epilepsy as a manifestation of a brain tumor in childhood and adolescence: characteristics and clinical outcomes.
● Screening and diagnosis model for learning disorders.
● Niemann Pick type C: phenotypic and genotypic changes in a Brazilian sample.
● Superposition of Sturge-Weber Syndrome, Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome, Type II Pigmentovascularis Phakomatosis and Nevus of Ota: literature review and case report.
Ongoing research projects:
● Post-surgical analysis of the quality of life of children and adolescents undergoing hemispherotomy for the treatment of refractory epilepsy
● Quality of life assessment in children and adolescents with drug-resistant epilepsy undergoing surgery for the treatment of epilepsy
● Prognostic factors related to the period of therapeutic hypothermia in newborns
● Lipofuscinosis type 6: clinical features of a case series
● Operationalization and outcomes of the Core Set application summarized from 6 to 14 years old of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health for Children and Young People with Cerebral Palsy.
● Profile of antiepileptic drug withdrawal in pediatric patients with drug-resistant epilepsy after surgical treatment.
● Proposal for optimizing the flow of patients between levels of care in the unified health system.
● Autism spectrum disorder and dyspraxia: endophenotypic correlations in a patient sample.
● Screening and diagnosis of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and anxiety disorders in children aged 6 to 10 years referred from the State School Herminia Gugliano Ribeirão Preto – SP.